Donnerstag, 27. August 2015

Review: Allegiant

Allegiant Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really liked the first book of the series and I kind of liked the second. This - the third - however ... not so great.

I think what annoyed me the most was the change from one first person narrator to a split first person perspective: Tris AND Tobias.
After two books of only Tris' perspective, it was sometimes rather confusing: I often had to go back to the chapter's title to check if it was Tris or Tobias talking.
This, too, weakens the book: It is hard to tell the two characters apart by their thoughts and / or actions, because they appear very similar.
Furthermore, Tobias did not make for a convincing male character. This might sound a little superficial and like groping for gender stereotypes, but whereas the first book's knife wielding, badass, "I only fear 4 things" Tobias was a very masculine character, this book's Tobias was hardly more than a weak whiner.

Apart from that, none of the characters was convincing. They kept changing habits, characterics, intentions ...

Three stars, because I have already read far worse.

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen